– I was drinking tea at 2.30 this morning. This is having gone to bed before 10 with the hope of having an early night, and then finding my brain too active! Finally got to sleep and then the alarm went off at 6 a.m.
– This morning was reasonably easy as there was only me to sort out. Tomorrow I have to do it all again plus three other people…
– I enjoyed the drive to work and found I was heading directly towards a beautiful sunrise. Gorgeous and felt somehow apt!
– Today was a day of induction training, introduction to many members of staff, lots of information to fill my now overflowing brain, and a low key meeting of ‘my’ child in the afternoon. He is fab.
– Two of us have started together, which is great as neither of us feels quite so alone or at sea with someone else to tag along with! We’ll be doing a similar role but in different Key Stages.
– We are being inducted very thoroughly. I have tons of information to read and lots of relevant training literature to photocopy in odd moments this week. And have been given a lever arch file to put it all in. I like this thoroughness very much. 🙂
– Went into Three’s school when I collected her from sewing club, and sorted her out with childcare with the on site ‘out of school’ club. Tomorrow morning I’ll be dropping her off at 7.30 which feels very strange! Weekday dynamics are changing significantly and it’s going to take some getting used to for us all.
– The upside of having less than four hours’ sleep and then an exhausting day of new information is that I will almost certainly sleep like a log tonight!
– I am very happy. I am very tired. I am a bit worried about being less available for the children.
– Someone tell me I will get used to this and will not spend the next year resembling a grumpy zombie? (Quite accurate description of my current state…)