Today I have been sorting through a bin bag of stuff that has been in the garage for over a year – I stashed a load of stuff off surfaces in there in a bid to do a crisis tidy up in a hurry!
I’ve been standing on this bag of stuff several times a week now for the whole time it has been in there, as it was blocking the way to the rest of the garage. I decided it was time to Take Action.
I’ve spent about 20 minutes going through the bin bag. I’ve put all the recycling rubbish in the recycling bin, and the non-recyling rubbish in the other bin. I’m now left with a pile of the stuff which needs putting away/finding a home for and I thought for fun I would list what I have found in there before I do so!
– One guitar plectrum (belonging to Two)
– Five audio CDs of Famous Five and Secret Seven stories (belonging to Two)
– Four Year 8 school exercise books (belonging to One, who is now in Year 9)
– One AAA rechargeable battery
– A page from the Crewe Chronicle from December 2010 featuring pictures of my children in the local park’s Lantern Parade (their dad took the pictures)
– A mini USB cable
– A block of post it notes (hurrah!)
– A folder labelled ‘Guitar Music’ belonging to Two, with no guitar music in it
– A certificate congratulating One on her entry to the North West Schools “Why I want to be a Scientist” competition 2009
– Seven pieces of sheet music (belonging to One)
– One doll cot sheet with roses on, made for my dolls by my mum when I was little, (now belonging to Three)
– A pack of assorted photographs from my past I’d forgotten I’d got.
– A United Utilities (Water) statement for 2011-2012
– My Income Support letter from January 2011
– A report letter from One’s Visual Impairment teacher who visits her once a term, from January 2011
– My current home insurance policy
– A letter for Two which arrived in May last year and which he still hasn’t replied to!
– A Large 2nd class stamp
– Three Dalek stickers (belonging to Two)
– A letter from my solicitor
– Six sheets of blank drawing paper
– A certificate of attendance on an assertiveness course at school (belonging to One)
– The box for Now 78 containing CD 2 (belonging to One)
– The ring binder containing my bank statements
– A certificate of achievement from Two’s school residential in Dec 2010
– John Thompson’s Modern Course for the Piano Books 1 and 2 (from my childhood)
– Two Promise Certificates from Messy Church last year. Three promised to ‘Always be good’, and One promised to ‘Make Mum at least 1 cup of tea a day’!
– Four piano books: Popular Christmas Carols, Christmas Melodies, Feldman’s Album of Carols, and The Easiest Tune Book of Christmas Carols (I think they used to belong to my grandparents)
– A badge made by One with her name on it and a smiley face
– A Club Penguin sticker book (belonging to Three)
– Some Spongebob stickers
– Some heart stickers
– A Woodland Trust activity pack (belonging to Two)
– A warranty document for a laptop
– The remains of a ball of yarn which I think I made mittens out of for someone
– A pack of tapestry needles
– An empty takeaway container (clean!)
– Seven 2nd class stamps (woohoo!)
– Six knitting magazines
– A picture of dragons done by Two, which I need to scan in and send to someone!
– Two’s report sheet from his one-to-one maths sessions in year 6, written by a wonderful teacher who he loved and who has since died. 😦 Very glad to have this handwritten proof that she thought he was ‘a fantastic pupil’ 🙂
– A poetry book that looks like it is from the school library (One?)
– My copy of ‘Where did it all go right?: growing up normal in the 70s’ by Andrew Collins
– A wordsearch book (Three)
– Some cardmaking stuff with school pictures on (Three)
– A Utility Warehouse bill from December 2010
– A pair of Early Learning Centre scissors
– One stripy mitten
– A pack of school photographs
– Three pens
– A wind chime