Today I learned exactly what happens when a very old yoghurt explodes at the back of your fridge, spills right down behind the salad drawer and stays there unnoticed for an unspecified length of time.
It isn’t pleasant, believe me.
However, the fridge is now clean again and only has edible food in it once more, even if it took about twice as long as the 15 minutes I’d originally allocated to the job!
It’s been a nice, relaxing Saturday.
– It was the afternoon before I made it out of bed (only just, mind you).
– I spent lots of time on the sofa watching TV with the children – Tracy Beaker returns, and the film of A series of unfortunate events, which we all really enjoyed. This evening we’ve all watched Harry Hill’s TV Burp, I’ve watched Holby on iplayer with One, and the two of us are about to watch Casualty together too.
– I got the fridge clean as aforementioned; put lots of dry washing away and more wet washing on to the radiators in its place.
– I did actual baking for the first time in ages and made ‘marmalade crunch’ (a recipe passed down from my grandma; no idea where she got it from) which we had for pudding at teatime with ice cream.
– My basic minimal Flylady type routines have kept the kitchen and bathroom clean and tidy for three days now. I don’t think it is a coincidence that I have felt calmer and clearer headed for three days now too.
– I can wish as much as I like that the state of my mental health wasn’t so closely connected with the state of my surroundings, but something tells me I just have to accept that is the way I work and just get on with it. And I feel so much better for it.