Traditionally, the first blog post of a new year is either a reflection on the year just passed, or hope etc. for the year to come.
I’m flying in the face of tradition and here on my blog it is business as usual one day at a time! Have some bullet points as I don’t have enough energy for paragraphs today:
– I’m having a bad couple of days depression-wise. This has mostly been manifest by not feeling able to get out of bed till lunchtime yesterday and then pinning myself to the sofa under a blanket, with tea and chocolate for a lot of the time, worrying, stressing and panicking about things I really don’t need to be wasting the energy worrying about.
– I also haven’t been sleeping well or eating properly. Not sure how much I can do about the sleep, but I did a Tesco groceries order last night which arrived this morning which means we have healthy, real food in the house again and meals planned for a whole week. I haven’t meal planned for months, and it used to be something I just did without thinking.
– I was convinced all three children returned to school tomorrow, until last night when I spotted a post on facebook saying the primary school returned today. Panicked, checked the school website, found it was true. Poor Three had no idea and was fast asleep! Thankfully she didn’t object to be woken by surprise this morning and told it was a school day after all, and was just excited to see her friends. That is the first time I have ever got it wrong, and thank goodness for facebook. I am so disorganised at the moment.
– It is lovely for me and the children to all be at home in the same place at the same time after our Christmas and new year travelling around. I have really enjoyed the travelling, but it is also nice to stop and be able to begin to tackle the house chaos a little bit at a time. A very little bit at a time, it turns out, given how I’ve been feeling!
– One has her lovely friend here for the afternoon and for tea. It is always a pleasure to have her here. I think I had better get on and feed us all soon. At least I know what I’m cooking (Chicken Kievs, chips and peas; an easy meal tonight) and have all the ingredients to hand!
– I know this gloomy, not-coping phase will pass. I hope it passes soon and the little things I am managing to achieve will soon feel less like wading through treacle.