– A Friday in school. I’ve swapped one of my days from Monday to Friday as it suits the teacher better. Fridays are very different from Mondays (more crowd control needed for a start!) but I think I am going to love them. 🙂 Helping in year four is very, very good for my self esteem.
– A visit from my partner – always lovely to spend time together in real life instead of via phones and the internet! Yummy curry and rice (though I cheated for quickness with sauce out of a jar).
– High school open day for One and Two. One was helping out in the music room (one of her favourite hangouts). Two was going as a ‘punter’ – they had spaces left in the workshops for the year 5s and 6s, and so they’d opened it up to year 7. He did Exciting Electricity, and Computing.
– Beaver sleepover for Three. J and I took her and her friend there and had fun setting up her new camp bed for the first time. Next time I will attempt to set it up single handedly but it is a bit of a pain! Her friend’s dad fetched her home this morning and she has had a lovely time including going to the park in the dark, and making chocolate rice crispie cakes!
– Saturday’s meal was spaghetti bolognese which I made in the slow cooker. I adore my slow cooker and don’t use it often enough. Only trouble with it is that I put all the ingredients in at breakfast time, and by eleven o’clock it smells so fabulous that we are all immediately absolutely starving and want to eat the contents immediately…
– We went to the library and J bought three dvds from their ex rental collection. We watched one of them with One and Two in the evening: ‘Millions’. Absolutely loved it – lots of humour but thought provoking too and I wept buckets at the end.
– Sunday morning was a lazier start due to not having to drive halfway to Chester to collect Three! I did a cooked brunch for the four of us which went down very well. Two and Three (once she was home) took J’s dogs for a quick walk and came home delighted with bags full of fabulous conkers!
– Said goodbye to J and the dogs. The rest of the day has been pretty lazy so far, washing up; drinking lots of tea; browsing the internet and being idle. I have a job to apply for before the day is out – closing date lunchtime tomorrow. There is also uniform to sort out for the morning, once the sun and breeze have dried it!
All in all a lovely positive weekend. Some nice memories to take us into the new week, and I do actually feel refreshed, which isn’t always a foregone conclusion on a Sunday afternoon!